
Well, my mother really, my Dad hailed from deepest Kent via Hounslow which I think is due to become a runway at Heathrow (Hounslow I mean, not Kent, Kent is destined to become part of France when the British side of Le Chunnel goes bust, I have read the small print).
Some of the more astute or regular readers of my prose will have noticed that I have not posted for a while. I have three main excuses only one of which really holds any water.
I have been ill..O' so ill, with a weird everlasting virus, a veritable Duracell of the cold family. I have a theory that it is partly my daughters fault that I was afflicted for so long.
I love to sleep and so does she (she is just under one), as luck would have it this creates a certain degree of synergy between us and we can oft be found curled up somewhere warm and dry easing the pain constant motion of modern living causes us (she cries when it is all to much I simply drink).
But, herein lies the problem, this time spent together proved dangerous and we were both ill, sequentially for over 6 weeks, the key word is sequentially...what I reckon happened is this, she caught this lurgy at nursery...these places are worse than Hospital wards in a blackout for harbouring nastiness...she passed it to me, I took it, ran with it, and as I defeated it, mutated it within me and was therefore able to repopulate her...as I recovered she went down..fought the bug but in the process another mutation occurred and the thing was thus able to re-inflict me..this process repeated itself and would have forever and ever but for the intervention of 'unauthorised' antibiotics ..these badgers broke the cycle and saw me and the little lass burst into the New Year fit as fiddles!
So this is excuse one, a brutal fight against a rapidly mutating super virus..although this seems at first glance a good excuse it was not the real reason...and that will wait for another post.
No comments:
Post a Comment