The other reason the blog collapsed over the yuletide period was due to this innocuous pint of black liquid. Innocent enough to the untrained eye it can be as lethal as crack in the hands of a smiling Irish barmaid with blazing red hair and eyes as green as a shamrock at dawn.
Known as a drink throughout most of the world it is considered a 'food' in Ireland and can be (there at least) used as a substitute for actual solid sustenance.I tried this and discovered (much like the first time I got sunburnt in Greece) that just because something works for the locals this does not mean it will work particularly well for you.
The good folk of Eire may well be able to drink this gear like its ambrosia but I found my kidneys throbbing after only five days on the stuff, its hard to sit and write at a computer desk when it feels like a dwarf with a thorn in his toe (O' yes it happens to them as well as Lions) is going 'Joe Calzage' on your tenders.
This however, was not the real reason......
No comments:
Post a Comment