I want to discuss weddings but it is too late and I am too drunk, but I will, later, remind me. In the meantime let me quickly, before the sandman takes his glorious hand to me, mention the best way to experience a wedding without having to go through the rigmarole of going to one.
There is a pub...in Glasgow, near the station (railway not air - mongs) which is just peaking out of an under pass and I swear, every time you go there, be it at 1300hrs , 1700hrs or 0100hrs you walk into the same scene. A wedding breakfast.
As well as benefiting from a very cheap pint of 'heavy' you also benefit from being transported, instantly into the last two hours of a working class wedding (I use this term merely to paint a picture), the term I was going to use was 'council estate but I have deemed that too inflammatory given the ongoing class war.
Anyway, whenever you walk in, , and I do mean whenever - there will be;
A couple of old grandparents vaguely moving on the area formerly known as a dance floor.
An uncle will be singing.
Various cousins will be beyond drunk, lecturing at will and befriending in an inappropriate manner anybody who stops moving,
Ill matched couples will be snogging and groping oblivious to their surroundings
Tired looking kids will be playing 'IT'
Note: There will be a particularly pissed Scot banging on about the English, this is common at MOST weddings but I accept not all.
You should go.
Where is it? you will know when you have found it, be brave, its a friendly place but please remember 'no shandy' and 'two pint pissers' will not be tolerated.
Saturday, 22 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds like a covert description of your wedding? Was the bridegroom pissed and pukeing on his mate as well?
I have a feeling that your memories are a little confused. I do remeber a bridegroom chukking up on his mate at a wedding but I believe that it was in cornwall..
Post a Comment