I have to mong.
There are times aplenty, when I find myself getting irritated and restless and often this is due to a mongless day, my spouse has even ordered me to stop and have a mong when my agitated state starts to get on her nerves.
Everybody broadly agrees that sleep is a useful thing for humans, people do not get criticised for sleeping (well, as long as it within reason), but the waking equivalent - to mong, to daydream to kick back and relax is often referred to as 'lazy'.
I am not saying that I am not lazy, but that it is fundamentally different to a mong. For me the mong is that precious time in any day when you place yourself under no pressure what so ever to do anything, no thinking required...looking out of a window on a rainy day is a classic favourite mong of mine; as is watching dust swirl on a warm afternoon whilst allowing the eyes to go all blurry.
Two classic mongs...


Certain new agers of Buddhists types amongst you may classify these mongs as some form of meditation and this may be true...however, not many people can meditate all the way through an episode of neighbours..
There are others who share some of my beliefs..certain friends and accomplices and there are those such as Tom Hodgkson who have taken the time to set out a lifestyle manifesto which encourages and supports the mong...
It is also of note that it is possible to have a group Mong, this can occur quite by accident but in the right company it is nearly always a joyful experience (best enjoyed in a Public house).
A note of caution on group monging, they can sometimes be dangerous - should the crew of a aircraft decide to 'go a-monging' at the wrong time the results can be sickening. I have experienced something similar when crossing a road with friends....
2 comments:
I love a mong in the morning... or afternoon... or evening... but why don't kids understand!
Its because kids are evil...the only thing they understand is bribery. Try giving them money or sweets to leave you alone..its worth it because you are
Post a Comment