
Today is, according to me, the first day of summer, why? Because today on my ride into work I was sporting my summer shorts rather than my freaky tight outfit...brilliant, I have knocked over 1 min 45 secs of the time it takes me to get dressed for cycling and over 2 mins 23 secs of the time it takes to get undressed when sweaty.
This makes me very happy, added to which now, until the idiot moment when the clocks all change in march or whatever.......
for those of you who don't know here in the UK our time changes twice a year from British Summertime to Greenwich Mean Time (BST -1) and back again ...the reason, to make the morning lighter in winter and the evenings darker...bloody stupid you are thinking.. who on Gods earth would want lighter mornings (the time when you shuffle off to work) and darker evenings...the time when you leave work and could conceivably do something outside if it was not so dark. I will tell you who...Scottish Farmers, that's who, I thought they had been all cleared off the farms during the highland clearances but apparently they have crept back over the years to annoy the shit out of me with whinges about milking cows in the dark and stubbing toes on gate posts...newsflash..throughout history cows are milked at dawn.
Here is a great picture of the highland clearances...what a good job they did back then, sadly, forced population migration is a little like weeding, you have to stay on top of it regularly for it to be truly effective (even the Yanks who initially had a lot of success getting rid of the Indians are getting slack..observe all those casinos and reservations popping up overnight) ....Oh and another thing, did they just forget the lowlands???

Not only that but according to these guys we could save a few lives by either not moving the clocks or even going forward to BST +1 in the winter....brilliant.
Anyway back to my sentence.. added to which due to the increasing light I can now see where I am going without the add of artificial light which really takes away the stress of this happening.
Now that's a result.
1 comment:
bloody scottish!!!! i say just get a pair of scissors and cut them off!!!
Post a Comment