I am currently on the move, slowly snaking my way from Plymouth (UK) to Jax (US) via a series of drinking events, BBQs and car/plane/train journeys. My ability to maintain a high level of alcholol consumption over a prolonged period has been steadliy diminishing, as a spring chicken I was well able to push out 8 days on the trot (although would suffer with pounding kidneys and a prolonged bout of meloncohly)....now-a-days i can, at best muster a 3 day spell before vital systems begin a systematic shutdown process. I am sitting nervously having 'used' for two days in a row and face the prospect of further expected use this eve..this time with 'youngsters', who are, as anyone who as stumbled into middle age wil tell you, the worst possible choice for drinking on day three...the old stag will rut hard with these young bucks and put on a brave face but I fear tommorow my horns will be in tatters...
Note: The bloody spell check feature refuses to work and I am starting to get a slight fear...aplolgies for the crap linguistic quality of this post in advance...
No comments:
Post a Comment